- After several years of deferred maintenance, 15% of the bank’s HVAC units were 2 years past their expected useful life. Costs to repair these units were high due to the frequency of reactive emergency replacements. Additionally, a majority of their units had R-22 refrigerants, which were banned at the beginning of 2020 and posed another cost risk.
- Redaptive and CBRE partnered with the bank's facility management team to collect, analyze, and model HVAC assets to develop an HVAC Optimization Program spanning 15 months to replace and optimize (via advanced controls) approximately 580 high risk assets (due to age, condition, performance) at 300 retail banking locations.
- The program was delivered using Redaptive's innovative Efficiency-as-a-Service (EAAS) platform for a non-CAPEX solution enabling large-scale, high-velocity program deployment while providing the client performance risk transfer and early buy-out flexibility.
- The resulting program reduced long-term OPEX run-rate generating approximately $8M gross savings over a 10-year period. Unplanned downtime and costly emergency replacements were also reduced along with the possible cost exposure due to the R-22 refrigerant ban.
HVAC RETROFIT HIGHLIGHTS
- Portfolio Footprint: 300 Sites
- HVAC Assets: 580
- Projected 10-Yr Gross Savings: $8M
- Reduce Replacements Costs: 32% Reduction
- Reduce Long-Term OPEX RunRate:
- Energy Cost Reduction 43%
- MRO Cost Reduction 98% (AVG,$/Ton)