- Iron Mountain, the global leader for storage and information management services engaged Redaptive's support in executing a multi-year energy strategy across its global portfolio. The company has a mandate to reduce electricity consumption (non-data center facilities) by 2% but needed capital to help fund their retrofit projects across their wide portfolio of sites.
- Redaptive collaborated with CBRE, which resulted in a plan that delivers a guaranteed savings rate of 10% over a 5 year term across the first phase of sites. The second phase will include sites across Canada, Australia, and Europe along with RTU retrofit across a number of sites.
- Together they covered all project costs and worked with Iron Mountain and installation partners to design efficiency upgrades, manage vendor network, and navigate regional rebate programs to maximize savings.
- Iron Mountain utilized Redaptive's flexible financing program to inject $3M of capital to buy down the contracts early. This allows the Customer to bring capital to the table when it is available to them, shorten the contract term, and earned them $750K in opex savings in 2020.
CURRENT PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
- Project Footprint: 152 sites, 15M ft.2
- Fixtures Upgraded: 109K
- Annual Energy Savings: 3M kWh
- 10 Yr. Net Energy Savings: $4.9M
- Annual Emissions Saved: 2,117 mt. of CO2
FUTURE PORTFOLIO HIGHLIGHTS
- Phase 2 and 3 will address lighting, HVAC and other larger equipment replacements
- 700+ Sites in the US and Canada
- Expanding program to UK in 2019
- Programmatic RTU Replacements