- Saint-Gobain had previously evaluated upgrading the metal halide and fluorescent lights and had a fully scoped LED lighting retrofit proposal but could not get approval as it did not meet the internal capital budgeting payback threshold.
- Saint-Gobain utilized Redaptive's Efficiency-as-a-Service program, which enables businesses to avoid spending upfront capital on energy efficiency retrofits and instead, pay for the projects with the savings generated by the upgraded equipment.
- Through Redaptive's program, all the equipment, design, procurement, installation, and utility incentive administration was managed turnkey without requiring time or resources from the Saint-Gobain team. At the request of site management, dust-tight, heat resistant, and wash-down rated fixtures were specified and priced effectively.
- The Redaptive program resulted in significant lighting cost savings, dramatically increased lighting levels, improved working conditions, and the elimination of burnouts in a number of locations.
- Footprint Upgraded: 10 Sites, 4.5M ft.2
- Fixtures Upgraded: 12K
- Annual Energy Savings: 11.6M kWh
- Projected Net 10-Yr Savings: $8.9M
- Annual Emissions Saved: 8.2K mt. of CO2